Technical Project Manager
Cobalt.io is a fast-growing software security technology startup with offices in San Francisco and Berlin. We help secure companies and their users by providing Penetration Testing as a Service via the Cobalt technology platform.
We are looking for detail-oriented, highly organized Technical Project Managers to help the Cobalt.io Pen Test Delivery team continue to scale and deliver high quality, timely penetration tests to our customers. Ideal candidates have experience working with or working as a professional penetration tester and aren’t afraid to get technical with some of the world's most talented security researchers. You possess an impeccable attention to detail - with both the technical acuity to articulate both actual and perceived risk as well as an uncanny ability to ensure uniform, yet visually stimulating formatting to penetration testing deliverables.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Be the gatekeeper of quality for all deliverables. From proper english grammar and technical accuracy to ensuring clear risk articulation and practical remediation guidance.
- Push the boundaries of the traditional “report” by continuously improving security metrics, reporting templates, and other opportunities to enhance Cobalt's penetration test reports.
- Monitoring the delivery of active penetration tests from kickoff to report delivery and retest - ensuring customer and researcher needs are being met.
- Escalate or immediately remove obstacles that arise during testing - ensuring swift resolution and smooth restoration of testing activity and customer satisfaction.
- Assemble and schedule the strongest teams from the Cobalt Core to deliver Pen Testing as a Service engagements.
- Fluent english (written and spoken)
- BS in Computer Science, Information Security, MIS, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred but not required
- 3 - 5+ years of relevant experience as either a penetration tester or technical security writer
- Consulting mindset / operates with a sense of urgency
- Team player, effective communicator, and dependable
- Professional demeanor over impersonal communication mediums (slack, email, etc.)
- Unparalleled attention to detail
- Submission of original sample penetration test reports will be required for consideration
- Flexible time off / vacation policy
- Work hard, play hard mentality.
- Commitment to career path development.
- Change the future of application security!